Garden Planning!!!

SPRING IS HERE!! I have been obsessing about the garden and the layout has kept me up at night! You see last year (our 1st garden) Hubs just tossed it all in, no rhyme or reason. No method to his madness,  just a big clump of veggies! Not that it didn’t produce, it was like playing a game of Twister to get to the veggies!
garden

garden2
This year that all changed! I researched lots of garden designs and styles and made a game plan PRIOR to planting! I think it is going to work out great!
I planted 6 different kinds of tomato plants, 3 types of cucumbers, 4 kinds of peppers, lots of herbs, sugar snap peas, garden peas, cantaloupe, squash, strawberries, radishes, eggplant, beets, carrots and some mixed greens! Wooo-weeee!! I can’t wait till they start producing!!!  Everything is in the ground and I am praying that the nice weather stays with us and NO MORE FROST!

P4070033We have RED strawberries!!!
P4070034
and GREEN tomatoes!! I counted 4.

And speaking of gardening and being GREEN. My blog is Carbon Neutral and there has been a TREE PLANTED for Mama Bird’s Nest!  Take a moment and JOIN NOW!!

1 blog = 1 tree

carbon-neutral-transparent-125x125

Do YOU have a garden, what’s growing?

xoxo, Mama Bird

19 comments

1. Sue says:

Gardening means many things to many people: relaxation, homegrown ingredients, or time outdoors. Some may have grown up on a farm, and others may garden simply because they love dirt under their fingernails, the sun on their face, and the sense of accomplishment (and excitement!) that comes as soon as the first seeds sprout and begin to peek through the ground. Regardless of why we love gardening, most of us have fond memories of the person who handed us our first pack of seeds. Homewatch CareGivers wants to know who inspired your love of gardening. Share your gardening story or photo and you could win! http://bit.ly/aHuBJp

2. Krista says:

I’ve been working my garden for a few weeks now. Haven’t updated with photos yet…I still have about 4 rows to plant so I’m goign to wait till I’m done.

Your garden looks fabulous!

3. Ms Bibi says:

You garden looks great. Mine is still just a plan. I am hoping hubs will start on it next week when he gets home.We didn’t have garden last year cause we just moved into our new house and I missed it so much.

4. Amy says:

I just posted about gardening the other day and I think we finally have a plan. We’re going to get the tools to build a new raised garden bed this weekend, we’ll have tomatoes, peppers (3 kinds), cukes, broccoli, lettuce, summer squash, zucchini, and eggplant. I can’t wait for it to get warm here so we can start planting!

P.S. I’ve nominated you for an award, stop on by to check it out!

5. Candi says:

Happy Friday Follow! We just planted the rest of our garden this morning. I tweeted all morning about it! I’m still trying to figure out if I can plant some purple potatoes…not sure how they’ll do. Come over and visit!

6. tara says:

Happy Follow Friday from your newest follower! I’m jealous of your gardening — we’re moving in a month, to the desert no less — so I’m not sure I’ll get my green thumb on anytime soon. I guess I’ll just have to live vicariously through you! 😉

7. Eclipsed says:

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest.

I’ve lived in apartments for most of my life, but now I have a small patch of grass that’s sitting in my front yard and its so sad and pathetic that I feel like I want to try my hand at gardening. Not quite sure where to begin though 🙁

8. confused homemaker says:

We’ve just started to prep our garden & get it ready. I can’t wait for the harvest to begin. It’s also so much fun & a great learning experience for our kids. They get to see the whole process of how food goes from the field to the table (well minus the agribusiness).

9. Sarah says:

Popping back from SITS. Too funny about our blog designs — clearly we are women of excellent taste 🙂

Also, now that we have our own house, we want to start a garden soon but some research is in order (we know next to nothing about growing stuff- we just know the veggies taste better when they’re home-grown!)

10. Katie says:

I am so jealous!!! That’s the one thing that I hate about living in a condo…no garden! Rick and I have talked about planting one at his place, but keep hoping that his house will sell before any veggies could grow. I told him that maybe if we take the time to do it, it’ll happen (kinda like back when I used to smoke and you light that cigarette to make the meal come in a restaurant faster).

11. Kel says:

I wish I knew how to garden. I try every year and every year everything dies…quickly I might add. Not even all my perennials came back. 🙁